Some days ago I’ve upgraded some pc’s to Windows 10.
After that we’ve verified that using old-legacy software we cannot get any mapped drive (via GPO Script) using folder/file explorer.
If we link this disk on desktop, and try to use it, we get an error.
The only solution is to enable the “Linked Connections”.
1) In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
2) Right-click Configuration, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new registry entry as EnableLinkedConnections.
3) Double-click the EnableLinkedConnections registry entry and type 1 in the Value data field: then click OK.
4) Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Configure an IPsec VPN Tunnel site-to-site between WatchGuard Appliance and a pfSense Firewall it is not so difficult. In this post I’ll show all the configuration items to get the IpSec Vpn up and working. Continue reading
Posted in Hardware
Yesterday I was working on an old windows 2003 server. I know: Windows 2003 is beyond End-Of-Life and it is dangerous to use it in production environment, but here in genoa we are famous for not wasting anything, and also the server is used in a “sandbox” and run an old legacy software not available for later windows versions.
When I was copying some files server has stopped all connectivity.
– Attempting to ping any ip on the dedicated LAN returns “destination host unavailable”.
– The NIC & Driver looks fine in device manager
– Ethernet connection in Network Properties shows status as Connected
– Link light and activity light are active on NIC
– Using arp -a I can see that the ip-MAC address association works ! Continue reading
In this post I will write about some techniques that can be used in a Windows env. to check the hard disk health status using S.M.A.R.T. You can read about S.M.A.R.T. and other stuff in my post
Detect Hard Drive Failure in Linux using S.M.A.R.T. (see linkografia).
S.M.A.R.T. stands for Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology and is a monitoring system for hard disk to detect the low-level indicators of the general health conditions of the device. Note that the raw values are calculated by the drive’s SMART logic internally.
Indeed “S.M.A.R.T Monitoring Tools” exists for windows: did you know ? Continue reading
Posted in Windows